International students give University of Reading the thumbs-up
Release Date 09 May 2011
The results of the International Student Barometer Autumn 2010 show that 92% of the University of Reading's international students are satisfied/very satisfied with their overall experience in the first six weeks of term.
Reading scores highly in the five main sections, excelling in the support and learning opportunities it offers international students.
Compared to the 203 universities who entered the survey across the world we are:
- Fifth for lecturers who are good teachers
- Sixth for our accommodation office
- Sixth for our student advisory helpdesk service
In comparison to the UK ISB (59 UK universities taking part in the ISB research) we are the top University for:
- Dealing with the accommodation office on arrival
- Internet access
We are ranked in the top ten for:
- Our eco-friendly attitude - ranked third
- Employability - ranked fourth
- Organisation and smooth running of our courses - ranked tenth
What is the ISB?
The International Student Barometer research tracks the opinion of international students at two points in the academic year, autumn and summer. It tracks satisfaction with arrival, learning experience, living experience and student support.
In the most recent wave, autumn 2010, 203 universities participated globally including 59 UK universities.
For more information, please contact Rona Cheeseman, press officer at the University of Reading on 0118 378 7388 or email email@example.com.