Combatting record CO2 rise - Reading in the news Tue 31 Oct31 October 2017
CO2 levels rise: A record increase in CO2 levels in the atmosphere was recorded in 2016. Dr Michaela Hegglin (Meteorology) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire (1 hr 19 mins 17 secs) about what caused this rise and what we can do mitigate it.
Vegetable fat ice cream: An episode of Food Unwrapped where University of Reading Food and Nutritional Science experts helped the team make ice cream out of vegetable fat was repeated on More 4 on Tuesday morning.
- Research by Reading’s Professor Glenn Gibson (Food Biosciences) revealing a type of probiotic can reduce cholesterol was referenced in an article on Nutraceutical Business Review on a new probiotic supply agreement being signed by OptiBiotix
- Lines from Dr David Gillham’s interview on the scheduled opening of Thames Valley Science Park were used in news bulletins on The Breeze FM. Read the latest on the Science Park in our news story
- Weather data recorded at the University of Reading was again mentioned in BBC Radio Berkshire’s weather update on Monday evening
- Tech Target uses the fact the University has migrated the majority of its academic support workload to a cloud platform as a case study in a feature on infrastructure solutions
- Reading research revealing the power of blueberries to increase concentration among children is reported by Gears of Biz. Read our news story here