Reading in the News - Thurs 25 July25 July 2019
- Dr Jon Shonk (NCAS) spoke to various regional radio stations, including BBC Lincolnshire, BBC Nottingham, BBC Radio Scotland, BBC York and BBC Jersey.
- Professor Hannah Cloke (Geography) is quoted in a number of outlets, including The Daily Mail, The Evening Standard, plus regional press including The Oxford Times, The Bucks Free Press and Edinburgh News.
- Dr Peter Inness (Met) is quoted in a number of outlets, including The Daily Mail and The New York Times.
- Professor Len Shaffrey (Met) is quoted in an article by Mashable and The Daily Mail.
- Dr Simon Lee (Met) is quoted in an article by BNN Bloomberg.
Alzheimer’s test: Dr Francesco Tamagnini (Pharmacology) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about research into electricity in the brain, and how it could be used to test for early warning signs of Alzheimer’s disease.
- ThirdSector reports on Frances Clark being announced as the winner of the Henley Business School and Third Sector scholarship. Frances will receive a full scholarship for the Professional Certificate in Coaching course starting in September.
- The Reading Chronicle has a story on Nevaeh Small, who has been nominated for the Pride of Reading Young Person of the Year Award, which is sponsored by the University.
- John Bercow MP’s visit to the University in 2016 is mentioned in a report by The Express, among other outlets, on why the UK needs a new constitution.