Reading in the news - Thurs 28 Mar28 March 2019
Decline in bees: The Times has a piece on the decline in wild bees in many areas of Britain, quoting Professor Tom Oliver (Ecology and Evolutionary Biology).
Disabled access event: Hackney Today has a short piece on a Disabled Access Event at Hackney Museum which was run in collaboration with the University.
Property awards: The Business Magazine has a piece on Thames Valley Science Park being nominated for two Thames Valley Property Awards.
- Professor Chukwumerije Okereke (Geography & Environmental Science) is mentioned in an article by EnviroNews (Nigeria) about an upcoming summit on climate change.
- BBC Three Counties Radio ,BBC Hereford and Worcester , BBC Cambridgeshire and BBC Somerset and the Daily Mail have all mentioned a BBC 2 programme ‘Inside the Factory’ which was filmed at the University.
- The University is mentioned in an article by Fresh Produce Journal about the rise of technology attracting young people to the industry.
- Meteorology PhD graduate Carly Wright was interviewed by Physics World in an article about the Researchers in Schools programme.
- Reading.co.uk has picked up the study by CeLM about how speaking multiple can benefit brain health.
- The Daily Mail (Ireland) has an article on the benefits of letting children watch cartoons in another language, quoting Professor Suzanne Graham (Education).