Reading in the news - Thu 31 Oct31 October 2019
Making a spectacle: Optician Online has a report on Professor Anna Horwood (Psychology) being welcomed as a new Freeman at the Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers’ annual presentation ceremony.
Fulfilling PhDs: Dr Florence Phua (Construction Management) is mentioned in an article by BizEd about a study to determine the biggest contributors to PhD student satisfaction.
LGBT mental health: An article co-authored by Dr Allán Laville (Psychology) on the lack of research into the mental health of LGBT individuals is published by CBT Today.
- An article by Professor Tom Oliver (Biological Sciences) highlighting a study co-authored by Philip Jones (Agirculture) on the effects of organic farming on carbon emissions is featured by The Independent.
- The House Magazine mentions John Bercow MP’s visit to the University in February 2017 in an article about the MP’s career.
- The University is mentioned in an article by The Wokingham Paper about local mental health charity Sport in Mind, which holds activities on campus.
- Edie.net mentions the University in an article about Coca-Cola’s plastic strategy. The company has trialled smart fountain dispensers on campus in a bid to cut down on single-use plastics.
- Dr David Rose (Agriculture) is mentioned in an article by Farmers’ Weekly on the upcoming Future Farm Technology Expo.