Reading in the news - Tue 4 Feb04 February 2020
Coronavirus: Further coverage of developments on the Coronavirus from Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) quoted worldwide on a possible origin in bats, in Mail Online, Yahoo! News, The Sun, Evening Standard, Sydney Morning Herald, Sun Herald, New Zealand Herald.
Historic climate: The Times Weather Report cover modern climate change being unlike historic fluctuations in global temperatures, and notes a new climate stripe produced by Prof Ed Hawkins (Met).
- An obituary in the Guardian for fisheries scientist Sidney Holt notes he studied Biology at UoR.
- Phys.org reports on new research on the accuracy of winter forecasts, and cites Dr Hannah Bloomfield (Met) who is a co-author on the paper.
- Plans for further industrial action announced by UCU is reported in Yahoo! News and The Tab.
- Deseret has an article about dark smoke around the world, and Prof Nicholas Bellouin (Met) is quoted.
- Jo Billington (Psychology) is quoted in an article for Derby Telegraph about Derbyshire Council fighting special needs tribunals .
- Business Leader reports on international opportunities in Reading, and quotes Prof Andrew Godfrey (Henley Business School).