Reading in the news - Fri 7 Feb07 February 2020
Coronavirus: Prof Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted in articles for the Sun and spoke to LBC radio following a third case of Coronavirus announced in the UK; and Visiting Associate Prof Ben Neuman spoke to Sky News.
Architecture and climate change: An article for the RIBA journal reports on the judging of the MacEwan architecture awards, and the focus on projects that considered climate change. Urban Room, a UoR Architecture student project, was on the longlist.
Samuel Beckett: Emeritus Prof Jim Knowlson spoke to ABC News Australia about his new book about Waiting for Godot, and recollections of spending time with Samuel Beckett.
- Reading Chronicle, Pensions and Investments, and Alpha Week cover the announcement that the University of Reading will be fully divesting from all fossil fuels in 2020. Read our news story.
- ·A short column in the Big Issue talks about a visit to the MERL.
- South East Farmer reports on research linking willow trees, grassland and lamb growth and notes the UoR was among the institutions involved.
- Profs Andrew and Nada Kakabadse (Henley Business School) are quoted in an article for Board Agenda on talking about difficult issues.
- Former President of the UoR council Christopher Fisher has been reappointed to the board of National Savings & Investments, on Gov.uk.
- Fenland Citizen reports that archaeology graduate and noted monument expert Prof Colin Richards is giving a talk.