Reading in the news - Mon 15 Jan15 January 2020
Australia wildfires: Comments by Prof Nicolas Bellouin (Met) about smoke from Australian bushfires travelling around the world, in CNN International and also published in a number of local US outlets. In addition, Prof Rich Allan (Met) spoke on a panel discussion show on France24 about the bushfires and the relationship with climate change.
Green Deal: Prof Liz Robinson (Agriculture) appeared on TRT World to discuss the EU green deal and carbon neutral pledges
- Yorkshire Evening Post, Manchester Evening News and other local papers report on an EIT Food-funded project to help children get more familiar with fruit and veg.
- Further coverage of comments made by Prof Nicolas Bellouin (Met) about the past decade and weather events, on BBC World.
- Big Issue quotes Dr Gunter Kuhnle (Food and Nutritional Sciences) on research that suggests drinking tea lengthens your life.
- Dr Jacqui Turner’s (History) work on Astor 100 is noted in the National Archives blog on celebrating the centenary of Nancy Astor’s historic role as the first woman to take her seat in UK Parliament.
- Farming Monthly National report on a project to use oregano oil to fight antimicrobial resistance in dairy calves. Dr Caroline Rymer and Dr Partha Ray (Agriculture) are quoted.
- Reading Chronicle report on a morris dancing night at the University of Reading aimed at international students.