Reading in the news - Tue 28 Jul28 July 2020
COVID-19: expert comment on the coronavirus outbreak
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted in a Daily Mail article about plans for widespread flu vaccinations in the UK.
- Further coverage of a paper by Professor Uma Kambhampati (Politics, Economics & IR) about the link between the response to COVID-19 and female leadership, in the Independent.
- Comments from Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) on a number of drugs which can be used to treat Covid-19 appear in ArchyNewsy.
- An article about children using play to ease anxiety over lockdown features comments by Prof Helen Dodd (Psychology), in Viral Stories.
Post-Brexit farming: Dr David Rose (Agriculture) is quoted in an article for Deuschlandfunk about farmers’ concerns over the future post-Brexit.
- Arirang TV (South Korea) spoke to Dr Mark Shanahan (Politics and IR) about whether Donald Trump can win the 2020 US Presidential Election.
- Tina O’Connell (Art) spoke to BBC Berkshire about an Art learning project for school children in the Berkshire area. Read more about ArtLab here.
- Henley Standard reports on plans to pedestrianise parts of the town that have been submitted by a former Henley Management College principal, Prof Ray Wild.
- GetReading further report comments made by David Foster (Film, Theatre and TV), in a personal capacity, on wearing of facemasks.
- Comments by the Vice-Chancellor Prof Robert Van De Noort appear in a University Business article about job losses in Higher Education.