Reading in the news - Wed 14 Oct14 October 2020
COVID-19: expert comment on the coronavirus pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) appeared on a BBC One Panorama investigation into the death of a transport worker from COVID-19. Dr Clarke also spoke to ITV's Good Morning Britain, BBC World Service, Times Radio, BBC R5 Live, BBC Hereford and Worcester, BBC Scotland, BBC Ulster, BBC Berkshire, and local US radio stations including WBUR about developments on COVID-19.
- ITV's This Morning interviewed Dr Clarke about the new tiered restrictions system, and the Metro and Express covered the interview.
- Dr Clarke is also quoted in Reuters, Al Jazeera, CBC Canada, Mail Online, Newsweek and The Sun about reinfections of COVID-19 in the USA and the Netherlands; and CNN Online about the UK response to growing case numbers.
- Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted in Mail Online about Vitamin D treatment, China Daily about transmission in UK universities, and in the National UAE about the COVID-19 lifespan.
#WeAreTogether: Reading's work to tackle the coronavirus crisis. Read our round-up
- Reading East MP Matt Rodda writes in his constituency update in support of our calls for a testing centre at the University of Reading.
Marlow Warlord: BBC South report on the archaeological discover of the remains of a Anglo Saxon ‘warlord' near Marlow. Dr Gabor Thomas (Archaeology) appears. Read our new story here.
- Horticulture Week report on a virtual open day showcasing the EIT Food-funded ‘Clean Fruit' project.