Reading in the news - Wed 16 Sep16 September 2020
COVID-19: expert comment on the coronavirus pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) spoke to LBC News about the current problems with Covid-19 testing in the UK, and is quoted in Huffington Post and Yahoo! News about how risky certain activities are for catching COVID-19.
- Comments by Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) about immune responses to COVID vaccine trials are included in the print edition of the Economist.
- Modern Diplomacy report on Professor Uma Kambhampati’s (Economics) research about how women world leaders are outperforming male counterparts in response to the pandemic.
Biodiversity loss: Articles in the Times (in print) and Yorkshire Post (in print) about a UN report about biodiversity loss quote Professor Tom Oliver (Biological Sciences).
Titanic: Comments by Professor Chris Scott (Meteorology) about how a space weather event could have been partly to blame for the sinking of the Titanic in 1912 appears in a Mail Online article.
- Professor Chris Scott (Meteorology) spoke to BBC Berkshire about the discovery of clues that there may be life on Venus.
- The National Interest have republished a blog for The Conversation by Dr David Rose (Agriculture) looking at how the increase in technology in farming could result in a loss of traditional knowledge and lifestyle. Read our news story about his study.
- Wokingham Paper (in print) reports on the reopening of the MERL to visitors.