UoR appointments to REF panelsFriday, 04 December 2020
Two additional University of Reading staff have been appointed today to the expert panels that will assess submissions to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021. These new appointments are part of the appointment today of over 200 new members, assessors and specialist advisers to the REF sub-panels, following a nomination process earlier this year.
The new Reading appointments, both in an Assessor role, are Professor Grace James of the School of Law, who joins REF Sub-panel 18 for Law, and Prof Simon Chandler-Wilde of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the School of Mathematical, Physical, and Computational Sciences, who joins REF Sub-panel 10 for Mathematical Sciences.
These new appointments add to earlier appointments to REF subpanels from the University of Reading, comprising seven academic staff, namely:
- Professor Shirley Reynolds, Sub-panel 4: Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- Professor Carol Wagstaff, Sub-panel 6: Agriculture, Food and Veterinary Science
- Professor Neil Crosby, Sub-panel 13: Architecture, Built Environment and Planning
- Professor Roberta Gilchrist, Deputy Chair, Sub-panel 15: Archaeology
- Professor Gail Marshall, Sub-panel 27: English Language and Literature
- Professor Katherine Harloe, Sub-panel 29: Classics
- Professor Sue Walker, Sub-panel 32: Art and Design, History, Practice and Theory.
Full details of the assessment-phase panel membership has been published today on the REF website - https://www.ref.ac.uk/panels/panel-membership/