Disability History Month panel discussion this weekMonday, 14 December 2020
UK Disability History Month has been run annually since 2010 with the aim to provide a platform to focus on the history of the struggle for equality and human rights for people with disabilities.
Events have been taking place across the month exploring the theme of access, addressing the question of how far we have come and how far we still have to go.
The Central Diversity & Inclusion Team and the Staff Disability Network are hosting a Disability History Month Panel Event, in collaboration with Reading University Students Union (RUSU).
The event will be held over Microsoft Teams on Wednesday 16 December, 14:30 - 16:00. It is free and open to all colleagues and students.
The panel will feature the following guests:
- Konstantina Nouka, RUSU Disabled Students' Part-time Officer (Chair)
- Dr Allán Laville, Dean for Diversity and Inclusion & Lecturer in Clinical Psychology
- Dr Ranjita Dhital, Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice/Co-chair of the Staff Disability Network
- Dr Yota Dimitriadi, Course Leader for Secondary Computer Science/Co-chair of the Staff Disability Network
- Dr Marie Aronsson-Storrier, Lecturer in Global Law and Disasters
Please register your interest in attending the event by using this short from (please use your UoR email). A calendar invitation and joining link will be sent to you following registration.