Improving the student experience of feedbackThursday, 09 January 2020
The Focus on Feedback campaign, led by CQSD in partnership with students and staff, aims to support colleagues in improving the student experience of feedback. The campaign will include updating the Feedback Policy, a series of tools and resources to support feedback practices, and a range of workshops and events including external speaker Chris Rust (Emeritus Professor of Higher Education, Oxford Brookes University) at the Annual T&L Conference ‘Engage, Enhance, Empower: Supporting Student Achievement' on 22 January 2020.
We will be supporting colleagues who are leading on assessment and feedback by offering one- to-one or small group consultations with an Academic Developer to prioritise activities and undertake action planning. Follow up support may include bespoke workshop facilitation and/or support for resource development.
We are also pleased to launch the new Focus on Feedback Top Tips resource, which has been created with and for colleagues at Reading. Up-coming resources to watch out for will include further evidence-informed guidance for experienced assessors and specific support for new assessors in the form of online and printed guides.
What we offer:
- Assessment & Feedback Consultations- Individual or small groups. Contact Kamilah Jooganah (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an appointment
- Bespoke Workshops - School, Department or Programme-wide workshops for colleagues, co-designed and supported by the Academic Development and Enhancement team
- T&L Sessions - Opportunities to discover, learn and collaborate on new teaching and learning practices around assessment and feedback across the university. Book your place on UoRLearn
- Tools and Resources - ‘Engage in Feedback' toolkit and UoR Rubrics Guide to support enhancement and engage students with assessment & feedback
- TEL Training Sessions - Familiarise yourself with online tools to support feedback practices in a digital environment. Book your place on UoRLearn
To get involved with Focus on Feedback, start a conversation today: email@example.com