Library available for study spaceWednesday, 09 September 2020
The Library is now offering access to study spaces from 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday.
As usual, opening hours will increase during Welcome Week and return to 24/6+ in term time. Keep an eye on our opening hours page for details of our opening hours over the coming weeks.
It will be no surprise that there are fewer study spaces available in the Library due to social distancing requirements. To help manage these spaces, a booking system is now available, and you can book study space from Monday 14 September onwards. To make a booking you can use the widget in the ‘booking a study space' section of our Current Library Services LibGuide or you can use a booking form via this direct link.
Please make sure you make the booking in the same name that is printed on your Campus Card and bring your card and booking confirmation email with you when you come to the Library. You will need both to access the building. Please note that from Monday 14 September you'll need to have made a booking in advance of coming to the Library and we will not be able to give you access without one.
In the meantime, it will operate on a first-come-first-served access to the spaces followed by a one-in-one-out policy. Users can browse and borrow the books whilst in the building for a study session. The self-issue machines have been moved to the print hubs on floors 2, 3, and 4 so you can borrow where you are and more easily stay within the one-way system.
Help us keep the Library COVID-safe by:
- Following the one-way system in place.
- Using the sanitiser and wipes we make available.
- Putting aside books you have used but not borrowed (look out for the trolleys set aside for this).
- Keeping your social distance from fellow Library users and colleagues.
- Being patient and mindful with each other and with requests made by colleagues.
- Use the stairs if possible. Lifts are for individual use only.
- Sit where chairs are sited. They've been laid out to ensure everyone can study 2m apart.
- Eat elsewhere to help us keep your study space hygienic and clean for everyone.
- Stick to your booking slot, someone else will have booked the space after you.
Click & Collect is still running. You're still welcome to ‘order' your books online and the Library team will collect them and make them ready for you. This service will remain operating from the Palmer Quad side of the building so that the main entrance and foyer can be used to provide access to the study spaces. This will help us manage any queues.
For more information on the one-way system, booking study spaces, Click & Collect, and how to get help (amongst other changes) bookmark our new Current Library Services LibGuide. We'll be keeping this and our website up-to-date as we head into Autumn Term.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.