Stonewall LGBT Role Models Programme 2016
Thursday, 30 June 2016
Role models have a critical role to play in creating inclusive environments and advancing fair treatment for LGBT people at work, at home and in their communities.
The Stonewall one-day LGBT Role Models Programme is aimed at LGBT staff at all career levels, and offers:
- Insight and understanding of what it means to be yourself
- An understanding of what it means to be an LGBT role model
- Practical ways to step up as an LGBT role model
- Active listening skills and techniques for having good quality conversations
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential role model
- A network of other LGBT peers from across a range of sectors and communities
The University will centrally fund up to four places on the LGBT Role Models Programme over the next 12 months, with the request that the School or Service covers the cost of travel to the events for the participants.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Frances Raimo (Diversity & Inclusion Officer) either by email or on extension 6454.
More details of the programme, which runs throughout the year, can be found here.