Reminder: apply for Aurora leadership programme by 17 August
Wednesday, 08 August 2018
The University is delighted to offer 10 sponsored places on the Aurora development programme, which encourages women in higher education to think of themselves as leaders and develop their leadership skills.
It is ideal for colleagues thinking about moving into leadership in the future, who already have some degree of management experience. Those in roles up to and including Grade 8 and those in roles up to and including Associate Professors are eligible to apply.
The programme explores key leadership themes, including:
- Understanding organisations and the sector
- Developing leadership behaviours, skills and knowledge
- Identifying and overcoming barriers and obstacles
- Growing confidence and a leadership identity
- Building networks, coalitions, and support processes
For full details of the programme, including session dates and locations, please download the Aurora guide (Word, 16.1KB).
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please first download the Aurora guide (Word, 16.1KB) to ensure you have all relevant details.
To apply, please submit an expression of interest, plus supporting statement from your line manager and agreement from your Head of School/Function to Hannah Henretty.
Your application should include:
- A short statement (maximum one page) explaining the skills and knowledge you would hope to gain by attending the programme; your leadership aspirations and how the programme will help you to achieve them; and how you hope to apply your learning from the programme.
- Confirmation that you can attend all five sessions, identifying your preferred location and session dates.
- Your manager’s supporting statement should include a commentary on your commitment to development and the support you will be provided by your school/function/service (as they will need to pay travel costs associated with the course).
Applications close midday Friday 17 August, and successful applicants will be notified by Friday 7 September.