Join us for the University Cycle to Work Day
Tuesday, 11 September 2018
With the new term approaching what better time to help reduce congestion and improve your health by cycling to Campus.
Join us for the University Cycle to Work day on Wednesday 12 September. We have scheduled a range of events, and will be offering a free set of emergency lights and an energy bar for anyone taking part in any events below:
- Bicycle maintenance: Dr Bike will provide free bicycle maintenance 11.30 – 2pm and Reading Bike Kitchen will provide free maintenance and support for carrying out repairs (2-6pm)
- Cycle to work: Cycle Republic are providing information on the University Cycle to work scheme, which is a great way to reduce the cost of buying a bike. Alternatively come and find out about ReadyBike and UniCycle our on-site bike hire scheme.
- Security: Get your Bike labelled by Security - strongly recommended by police in the event of theft. (Subject to staff availability on the day).
- Leisure rides: Lunchtime leisure rides 12.15-1pm and 1-1.45pm
- Free Cycle Training: Sessions run every Wednesday now until 12 December (weather permitting):
- 2.00-3.00 pm – Back on Bikes
- 3.30-5.00 pm – Bike Commuting Skills
- 5.00-6.00 pm – Explore Reading ride
If you know anyone who'd like to learn to ride or needs more confidence to ride on roads these sessions are ideal. Please put them in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
All events running from outside Palmer Building; Whiteknights campus 11.30-6pm.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday 12 September. If you come along, there is also an opportunity to enter a prize draw for a chance to win a range of other bike goodies:
For details of all cycle activities and future events see https://sites.reading.ac.uk/sustainability/travel/cycling/