Launch of the new Academic Tutor System
Thursday, 13 September 2018
This month sees the formal launch of our new(ATS) at Reading.
The ATS has a crucial role to play in supporting the success of all students and enhancing the student learning experience - a Teaching and Learning strategic priority at Reading.
Over the summer, we have shared guidance for Schools and Functions on the ATS and delivered a series of briefing sessions on the changes to tutoring and welfare support for students.
We have also developed a number of helpful resources to support your initial and ongoing work with students this year.
- A , with helpful resources to support tutors’ initial conversations with tutees and help tutors to signpost students to specialist services, including the new Student Welfare Team, as appropriate.
- An updated online ‘ ’, with relevant information and training opportunities for tutors. The CQSD team will be developing an Academic Tutor Toolkit over the next academic year with best practice examples, resources and training packs.
- Student communications introducing the new system to new and current students, including:
- a new ;
- information in Welcome materials and Programme Handbooks; and
- postcards for Academic Tutors to share with their tutees.
- A new to support student engagement with the new system and help them to prepare for meetings with their tutor.
- An overview of the
We will circulate printed copies of the Guide for Academic Tutors and postcards for students to staff before Welcome Week.
Over the next two years, we will continue to support you to introduce, embed and evaluate the ATS in your context. We look forward to working with you and to receiving your feedback on how the system is working.
Contactfor more information.