2018 Staff Survey opens today
Monday, 29 October 2018
The 2018 Staff Survey opens on Monday 29 October.
Please look out for an email from Capita Surveys & Research with information on how to take part and your own unique logon. Clicking on this external link is OK as it has been tested and poses no threat to our IT systems.
When you follow the link, you will be asked to complete a logon. This is your own personal logon and simply means that you can start the survey and then go back to it at any time without having to start again from the beginning.
The 2018 Staff Survey is shorter than the one colleagues completed last year and should take only 10 to 15 minutes. The survey includes questions about your experience of working at the University, the leadership and management it provides and communication.
You can complete the survey online or, if you don’t have access to an internet-connected device, on paper or over the telephone with a trained member of Capita’s team. You will be given time during your working day to complete the survey.
Your feedback will be completely anonymous. Capita Surveys & Research is an external company with experience of working with 60 other universities on employee surveys. The company may send you reminders if you haven't completed the survey. These reminders are automatically generated by Capita's system, no one at the University has any visibility of who has completed the survey.
More information about the survey is available on the 2018 Staff Survey webpage.
Our People Plan programme is already working on your feedback from the 2017 Staff Survey on the areas mentioned, and we have been sharing updates from different projects on the Staff Portal this month. The updates shared so far are:
- Learning Management System - People Plan Programme - "I want to enable the sharing of knowledge with the wider community" - 22/10/2018
- 2018 Staff Survey - People Plan Programme: "I'm determined to improve communication in every way we can" - 15/10/2018
- Wellbeing: People Plan Programme - "I want people to be happy and flourish at work"
- Change management: People Plan Programme - "Sharing my passion for working at the University”
- Leadership and management behaviours: People Plan Programme: "I saw this as an opportunity to make positive change"